Mike Wakefield Graduated from Emily Carr University majoring in photography + sculpture .For the past 3o+ years has worked full time as a photographer specializing in many subjects including Architecture,Editorial, Food, Fashion, Portraiture+Products.
The past few years Mike has rediscovered his passion for historical, documentary and environmental photography, combining the three for some very moody + visually exciting work.
- North Shore News, Look Magazine, Vancouver Sun,
- Province Newspaper, Globe + Mail
- New York Times, Readers’ Digest, Fine woodworking, Georgia Straight
- Knowledge Network
- Suburban Newspapers of America
- British Columbia, Yukon Community Newspaper Assoc.
- Van Net/BCYCNA
- 2011 F.A.N.S. recipient
- Garden World, Cityscape Gallery / June 2010
- Rusty Guts, Cityscape Gallery /July 2010
- Ron Andrews foyer/solo show /Oct 2010
- Gordon Smith Collection, WV Museum+Archives/June 2011
- Keel Blocks/solo show WV Municipal Hall/ Aug 2011
- Occam’s Razor/Solo show, WV Ferry Bld Gallery Nov 2011.
- TimeScapes/solo show, Lynn Valley Library complex/Oct 13-Dec04 2012
- Hungry Ghosts/Group show, Ferry Building Gallery West Vancouver/ Jan 2013
- Reclamation/Group show, Artemis Gallery, Deep Cove North Vancouver/July 2013
- Abstracting Colour Photography group show, Ferry Bld Gallery West Vancouver/Feb 2014
- Industrial Landscapes, Kay Meek Performing Arts centre/ Feb 2014
- Piece of Mind Group show, Vancouver Public Library /May 2014
- Keel Blocks, Kay Meek Performing arts centre/Jan 2015
- You Are Here: Capture Photography Festival, Cityscape gallery/April 2015
“Wakefield, like Jeff Wall, Ian Wallace, Rodney Graham and Fred Hertzog, He belongs in this category.These are the artists being recognized in New York, London and Berlin. Mike graduated from Emily Carr and is doing great work.”
Gordon Smith, Artist
“Commitment, his great eye for composition and his unique gift for details is why his future as a fine art Photographer is Limitless.I know this because when I look at his work, as an Artist myself, the thought pops into my head, Gee I wish I had thought of that.”
Ross Penhall, Artist
This show is not to be missed. Mike brings exceptional style to his photography, creating extraordinary art!
Victor Aberdeen, Abovofoto
“It’s a fantastic collection of work, I think that it does a masculine but tender aesthetic, It provokes thought and introspection. They are quite dark but beautiful at the same time, but not grim, more romantic. It’s not very often that I am excited by photography but your work is simply delicious. You have done a fantastic job. Congratulations on a job well done.”
Dusty Hagerud, Vancouver Illustrator